Children are always fascinated by dinosaurs! Since Dinosaurs are not make-believe, it’s even more appealing for a young child!
- The children took home a Clothespin Stegosaurus with their name on it. Using a pincer grip to take off the clothespins is a fine motor skill.
- The children investigated the water freezing into ice. It was fun to get the dinosaurs out.
- We danced to the “Dino Stomp” Song for developing gross motor skills.
- Children loved the sensory sand bin with dinosaurs and rocks. We counted the rocks!
- Children expressed creativity in helping to paint a big volcano ( team work skills) and were introduced to new vocabulary ( magma, lava, explode )
- We made our own dinosaur fossils and bones. Some children wrote the instructions and ingredients for this activity. ( Kindergarten level)
- Children used dinosaur playdough cutters.
- Many dinosaur books were added to the bookshelf for the children.