Fall is a wonderful season to explore with sensory play! During Thanksgiving, the children enjoyed a harvest sensory bin with corn, apples, pumpkins, wheat, and pinecones.
- Children explored their senses while practicing pouring and measuring, counting and patterning.
- Outside, the sandbox became a “pumpkin patch” for pretend play.
- We read many books about the life cycle of a pumpkin. We are waiting for the seeds to sprout!
- We sang “ 5 Little Pumpkins” by " Super Simple Songs" daily to learn about emotions/Feelings (Sad, Sleepy, Happy, Silly or Scary Face). We are practicing to count to 5!
- We painted a big apple tree when we learned about apples. We had fun pretending to go apple picking!
- Through magnifying glasses, we took a close look at the different corn colours to build on vocabulary.
- Children watched a chipmunk eat the corn through the window. Nature is everywhere! Enjoy the photos!