This month there were many indoor rainy days. We have been observing the changes in the weather daily through the window. Some days we were able to put on our rain boots and splash in the puddles. Kids love getting messy, especially in the muddy puddles!
The children enjoyed a rain science experiment. They used squeeze tubes (Fine motor skill) to create rain drops in the clouds (shaving cream). It was fun to observe.
Here are a few activity ideas for Rainy Indoor Days:
- Play with different sized cardboard boxes. Let the children pretend the boxes are airplanes, cars or castles!
- Get messy! Make scented playdough or set up a water table
- Have fun with music, let the children shake their sillies out!
- Create a puppet show and retell a favourite storybook.
- Whine down with Yoga to classic musical