This book and rhyme has always been a favourite of mine to read to children. Infants and toddlers have fun with the actions of the story while preschoolers love verbally re-enacting this dramatic book! During Music and Movement time daily, we have enjoyed acting out this book several times!!! Repetition is key!
- We talked about over, under and through since these directional cues are a major focus within the story. Then we acted them out in our class tent.
- We created a visual map of the bear hunt to follow and learn the sequence of the story.
- Toddlers enjoyed sensory bottles related to each scene of the story
- Children showed creativity through sensory collage art
- Children enjoyed pretending to go on a bear hunt outside!